Вверх страницы

Вниз страницы

DAVID GARRETT RUSSIAN FORUM

Информация о пользователе

Привет, Гость! Войдите или зарегистрируйтесь.

Вы здесь » DAVID GARRETT RUSSIAN FORUM » Classic » 18.04-19.04.2009 Hongkong-City Hall/Concert with Hong Kong Sinfonietta

18.04-19.04.2009 Hongkong-City Hall/Concert with Hong Kong Sinfonietta

Сообщений 1 страница 3 из 3

18-19 апреля 2009 года Дэвид выступал с Гонконге с оркестром Hong Kong Sinfonietta под управлением Йип Винг-Си (Yip Wing-sie).

В первый день исполнялся Концерт для скрипки №1 М.Бруха. Во второй - публике была представлена кроссоверная программа.

Ревью: Дэвид Гарретт и оркестр Hong Kong Sinfonietta

Review: David Garrett & the Hong Kong Sinfonietta

http://timeout-admin-node1.candrholding … ietta.html

http://s7.uploads.ru/t/4Ht6V.jpg

на английском

City Hall April 18 &19

There was plenty of star quality on display last Saturday night when the crossover violinist star David Garrett returned to Hong Kong to perform again with the Hong Kong Sinfonietta under the baton of Yip Wing-sie. Garrett chose Bruch’s Violin Concerto No. 1. The 'Beckham of the classical world' was attired in a black suit and black shirt, with his long blond hair bound in a ponytail.

In the first two movements (linked together), Garrett’s playing was full of passion and emotional intensity. His facial expressions were interesting to behold; at times it was as if he was dreaming. He also seemed to have a repertory of casual bodily movements, frequently looking round to the conductor and the orchestra players, or touching his hair. He really seemed to be enjoying every minute on stage.

Garrett was at his most playful in the final allegro movement. His technical virtuosity was so dazzling, and enhanced by his rotating upper body movements. What a brilliant and hot-blooded performance.

Garrett unexpectedly gave two encores after the thunderous applause. He first thanked the audience, and then joked that it’s 9am in New York right now and that he was adjusting to his jet lag. The first encore was Paganini’s Carnival in Venice. Garrett’s tone was as sweet as a bird singing. It was sheer joy. The orchestra played the pizzicato delightfully. A good contrast was provided by the second encore, which was more sombre in mood -- the sarabande from Bach’s second sonata.

The Pagnini, incidentally, was also one of the encores – as many as four in total! – that Garrett so generously gave at the end of his second concert on the following afternoon. Another was the last movement from Vivaldi’s The Four Seasons. How aptly this second concert was named “David Garrett Encore”.

For this concert, Garrett played four short pieces, the last of which was Czardas by Monti. Garrett was in turn lyrical and fiery, capturing the capricious gypsy spirit. At the end of this concert, there was a long autograph session in the lobby, with lots of fans queuing up to catch a glimpse of this unique star.

The Hong Kong Sinfonietta opened Saturday evening with a short orchestral suite The Five Elements, composed by Chen Qi-gang in 1999. Each of the five sections lasted only two minutes. Water is peaceful, followed by a rather tense ‘wood’ section, and a dynamic ‘fire’ section. The piece ended with a rhythmically exciting ‘metal’ section after a warm section depicting ‘earth’.

The orchestra was on top form in Tchaikovsky’s Symphony No. 5. Yip conveyed very well the dynamic contrasts in the score. The brass section was impressive in its power. The strings however lacked a richness of tone. In the fourth movement, Yip brought about a sweeping grandeur, with the orchestra playing gloriously especially in the triumphant final moments. On Sunday afternoon, the Sinfonietta performed dramatically Bizet’s Carmen Suites.

Kevin Ng

ВНИМАНИЕ! КОПИРОВАНИЕ И ЦИТИРОВАНИЕ ПЕРЕВОДОВ НА ДРУГИЕ РЕСУРСЫ КАТЕГОРИЧЕСКИ ЗАПРЕЩЕНЫ! ТОЛЬКО РЕПОСТ ПОСРЕДСТВОМ ФУНКЦИИ "ПОДЕЛИТЬСЯ В СОЦ.СЕТЯХ" В САМОМ НИЗУ ЭТОЙ СТРАНИЦЫ!
City Hall, 18-19 апреля

Изобилие звездных качеств продемонстрировал нам субботний вечер, когда звездный кроссоверный скрипач Дэвид Гарретт снова вернулся в Гонконг, чтобы выступить с оркестром  Hong Kong Sinfonietta под управлением Йип Винг-Си (Yip Wing-sie). Гарретт выбрал Концерт для скрипки №1 Бруха. «Бекхэм классического мира» был одет в черный костюм и черную рубашку, его светлые длинные волосы – собраны в хвост.

В первых двух частях (объединенных вместе) игра Гарретта была преисполнена страсти и эмоционального накала. Было интересно наблюдать за его выражением лица: временами казалось, что он предается мечтам. Похоже, у него богатый «репертуар» случайных движений, т.к. зачастую он посматривал то на дирижера, то на оркестрантов, то поправлял свои волосы. Было видно, что он действительно наслаждается каждой минутой на сцене.

Его игривое настроение достигло пика в финальном Allegro. Его виртуозность, умноженная на раскачивающиеся движения корпуса, поражала. Блестящее и будоражащее кровь выступление!

После отгремевших аплодисментов Гарретт неожиданно сыграл два биса. Сначала он поблагодарил зрителей, потом пошутил, сказав, что в Нью-Йорке сейчас 9 часов утра и он старается приспособиться к смене часовых поясов. Первым бисом был «Карнавал в Венеции» Паганини.  Интонация Гарретта звучала сладко, как пение птиц. Это было истинное наслаждение. Оркестр восхитительно исполнил свою партию пиццикато. На хорошем контрасте был исполнен второй более мрачный бис – Сарабанда из Второй сонаты Баха. 

Кстати, Паганини был также одним из четырех (!) бисов, которые Гарретт щедро подарил по завершении второго концерта на следующий день. Еще одним стала последняя часть из «Времен года» Вивальди. Название второго концерта как нельзя кстати подошло ко всему происходящему - David Garrett Encore (игра слов: концерт получил свое название от названия диска – Encore, что в переводе означает «бис» - прим. пер.).

На этом концерте Гарретт исполнял небольшие пьесы, последней из которых был «Чардаш» Монти. Гарретт был то лиричным, то яростным, передавая капризный цыганский дух. По завершении концерта в лобби состоялась долгая автограф-сессия, на которой многочисленные фанаты выстроились в длинную очередь, чтобы хоть на секунду увидеть эту уникальную звезду.

Оркестр Hong Kong Sinfonietta открывал субботний вечер короткой оркестровой сюитой «Пять элементов», сочиненной композитором Чэнь Циган (Chen Qi-gang) в 1999. Каждая из пяти частей длилась только две минуты. Умиротворенную «Воду» сменяла драматичная часть «Дерево», после которой следовал «Огонь». Вслед за теплой «Землей» сочинение завершилось ритмически зажигательным «Металлом».

Оркестр был на высоте при исполнении Пятой симфонии Чайковского. Йип очень хорошо передавала динамические оттенки, указанные в партитуре. Медные духовые впечатляли своей мощью. Струнным, однако, не хватало глубины звука. В четвертой части Йип продемонстрировала всё потрясающее величие произведения, оркестр играл великолепно, особенно в триумфальном финале. В воскресенье Sinfonietta впечатляюще исполнил «Кармен-сюиту» Бизе.

Кевин Нг

+3

Интервью Дэвида изданию Time Out Hong Kong накануне гастролей.

David Garrett interview

http://www.david-garrett.com/wp-content … e-Out1.pdf

на английском

Hong Kong is one of your biggest markets. Why?
Hong Kong was the first market where I saw things work out in a big way. It was where I felt the whole crossover project (the 2006 album Virtuoso) worked. It was the first record where I wrote my own stuff, [and] when you do such a thing you don’t know how people will react to the material. Hong Kong was the first place where I got very, very positive feedback, and because of that Germany opened up for me.

You’re just 27 years old but have performed in public countless times since your talents were recognised as a child. Does any concert stand out as the best?
I’ve performed a couple of thousand times. There are so many memorable experiences. I once played in front of 40,000 people in Hyde Park, and last year I did a football stadium opening in Germany for 10,000 people. It was a great experience.

What are the ingredients for a memorable performance?
In all these experiences, the people make a difference. I worked with [renowned violinist Yehudi] Menuhin when I was a child and that was special. Every concert has something you learn, either from the conductor, the orchestra or about yourself.

Your newest album Encore features diverse works ranging from Brahms’ Hungarian Dance No. 5 to AC/DC’s Thunderstruck. Why mix it up?
I just listened to a lot of music directions. I’ve always enjoyed using elements of classical and rock. It’s always been about finding your own taste. I think it’s an amazing opportunity to have these days, to do these kinds of projects that attract new audiences. At the end, I’m a core classical performer. It’s about 70-80 per cent of my repertoire. But it’s important to draw a younger audience, give them something they can relate to. That’s the main idea behind the crossover.

As Germany’s best-selling artist, there must be significant demands on you. How do you make enough time to keep growing as a musician?
That’s a very difficult question. The most important thing is to start from scratch every morning. Never play something the same as you played last night, always search for a better interpretation, always grow as a musician… every morning look at stuff in a new way and never rely on something you did last night, even if it was a success. That’s the key.  You’ve had the privilege of playing with musical giants like Yehudi Menuhin and Itzhak Perlman.

From your performances and interviews, it’s clear that you value an expressive and individualised style. Why is this important to you?
It makes a difference. The biggest problem these days in music is there’s a great level of playing technically, probably the highest level ever, but a lot of people sound alike. I always remember Itzhak Perlman told me that it has to be different; you have to find your own voice.

If you listen to singers, you might like them or not, but all the top vocalists have their unique talent which you have to strive for as a violinist. All of them – Menuhin, Perlman, Heifetz – have their own voice. Too many try to copy too much. It doesn’t lead to individual uniqueness, and that’s the most important thing to find.

You’ve been nicknamed the David Beckham of classical music. Would you agree that David Beckham is the David Garrett of sport, or is there someone else out there?
[Laughs] Well, I’ve never seen it that way. Interesting! Every time I hear this quote, I refer people to the fact that David Beckham has done a lot of good for sport. He’s brought a lot of
people into football, over his skills, his looks. You see what he’s done for the sport in the US and he’s an ambassador. In the end, that’s what matters.

ПЕРЕВОД

+1

ещё одна женщина-дирижёр? Я хочу это видеть!

Вы здесь » DAVID GARRETT RUSSIAN FORUM » Classic » 18.04-19.04.2009 Hongkong-City Hall/Concert with Hong Kong Sinfonietta