Вверх страницы

Вниз страницы

DAVID GARRETT RUSSIAN FORUM

Информация о пользователе

Привет, Гость! Войдите или зарегистрируйтесь.

Вы здесь » DAVID GARRETT RUSSIAN FORUM » Crossover » 25.01.2012 Edmonton

25.01.2012 Edmonton

Сообщений 1 страница 20 из 32

Статья от 23.01.2012 в Edmonton Journal

Кликай

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/entertai … e=620x400s

Crossover violinist brings Rock Symphonies to Edmonton
David Garrett joins ESO for fundraiser
David Garrett, crossover violinist appearing with the ESO Jan 25

His Stradivarius violin smells like 18th-century Italy.
But his soul smells like teen spirit.
David Garrett’s intoxicating interpretations of Vivaldi and Nirvana are what has made him, at 30, a global star in the classical crossover genre.
Of course, it helps he’s wunderbar to look at.
“If it brings the audience to the concert, why not?” the violinist says of his hunky reputation. “I can’t help how I look. I listen to what I do. That’s my standard: how I sound. No conductor really cares how good-looking you are.”
The German-born, New York City-based musician, named GQ magazine’s man of the year in the music category in 2008, performs Wednesday night at the Winspear Centre. His gig with the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra is a fundraiser for the Caritas Foundation.
Garrett is more than a pretty face; he’s a virtuoso. The Aachen native picked up the violin at age four, performed with the Hamburg Philharmonic at age 10 and had a contract with Deutsche Grammophon by the time he was 13.
His classical training including studies at Juilliard School and instruction from the great Itzhak Perlman. But Garrett’s passion for rock music did not wane. So blending the two sounds made perfect sense.
“I love doing crossover. It’s very adventurous. I get to write, I get to arrange, I get to not only play something that’s been played many, many times.”
His show, Rock Symphonies, pays tribute to hard rock greats - Guns N’ Roses, Led Zeppelin and Aerosmith, among others — using the incredible technique that snagged him a Guinness World Record for being the fastest violinist. (He played Flight of the Bumblebee at a mind-boggling rate of 13 notes per second.)
The concert should appeal to a wide audience, from old-school symphony lovers to Top 40 fans. “It’s a combination of symphonic rock tunes and classical tunes I approach in a rock ‘n’ roll way.”
In 2011, Garrett earned two prestigious Echo awards from the German recording industry, including one for best male artist. He spends much of the year on the road.
Musical purists are wont to pooh-pooh classical crossover acts like Sarah Brightman, Il Divo, or grumble about artists who leap from classical to pop, or vice versa.
Garrett has no time for the crossover complainers.
“In the end, what should I say to someone who criticizes me for doing something that attracts young people to classical music? In the end, it’s good for the music. I’m just trying to find my way to connect with the audience.”
While the artist sports the rocker look — sexy stubble, a silky blond mane, leather and religious bling — Garrett sees strings, more than style, as his primary vehicle of self-expression. “Since I really cannot sing, (the violin) is something that enables me to have a good voice. You can find your very own personal, special sound on the violin.
“I don’t consider it a job. I consider it a privilege in my life to make money at something I love doing.”

Crossover-скрипач везет Rock Symphonies в Эдмонтон
Дэвид Гарретт присоединяется к ESO (Edmonton Symphony Orchestra) для сбора средств
Дэвид Гарретт, crossover-скрипач, выступит с ESO 25 янв.

От его Страдивари веет итальянским 18 веком. От его души веет юностью (ну или дезиком Teen Spirit))
Опьяняющие интерпретации Вивальди и Нирваны – вот что сделало его в 30 лет звездой мирового масштаба в классическом и crossover-жанре.
Разумеется, большую роль играет его поразительный облик.
«Если это приводит на концерт публику, почему нет?» говорит скрипач относительно своей hunky-репутации (вроде бы hunky - это такое соединение стилей во внешнем виде). «Не столь важно, как я выгляжу (i can’t help how i look – не соображу, как перевести). Я слушаю то, что я делаю. Звучание – вот что является мерилом для меня. А насколько там вы симпатичны, на самом деле неважно ни одному дирижеру»
Родившийся в Германии, приписанный к Нью-Йорку музыкант, названный журналом GQ человеком года в категории «музыка» в 2008-м, выступит в среду вечером в Winspear Centre. Концерт с  Edmonton Symphony Orchestra является акцией по сбору средств для фонда Caritas (http://caritasfoundation.ca/).
Гарретт более чем просто симпатичная мордашка, он virtuoso (игра слов, видимо). Уроженец Ахена взял в руки скрипку в четыре, в 10 выступал с Hamburg Philharmonic, в 13 заключил контракт с Deutsche Grammophon.
Его классическое образование включало в себя обучение в Juilliard School у великого Itzhak Perlman. Но страсть к рок-музыке не ослабевала. Что ж, смешение двух звучаний получилось идеальным.
«Мне нравится делать кроссоверы. Это очень оригинально (необычно, рискованно). Получаешь возможность творить, изменять, а не просто играть что-то, что уже было сыграно множество раз».
Его шоу, Rock Symphonies, - дань столпам хард-рока, в том числе Guns N’ Roses, Led Zeppelin и Aerosmith - с использованием невероятной техники, сделавшей его the fastest violinist в Guinness World Record (исполнение Шмеля - это ошеломляющая скорость 13 нот в секунду.)
Концерт обращен к самой широкой аудитории - от любителей классических симфоний до фанов Top 40. «Это - комбинация симфонических рок-мелодий и классики, объединенных в рок-н-ролльном ключе» (???кажется, я загналась…)
В 2011 Гарретт получил две престижные премии Echo от немецкой индустрии звукозаписи, в том числе best male artist. Большую часть времени он в дороге.
Борцы за чистоту музыкальных нравов обыкновенно с пренебрежением относятся к классически-кроссоверным исполнителям (вроде Sarah Brightman, Il Divo) и ворчат относительно артистов, скачущих между классикой и поп-музыкой.
У Гарретта нет времени на нытиков.
«Что говорить тем, кто критикует меня за то, что я сделал что-то привлекающее молодежь к классической музыке? В конечном итоге это хорошо для музыки. Я только пытаюсь найти свой способ установить связь с аудиторией» (мне слышится: «я делаю полезное дело. Так какого черта я должен оправдываться?»)
Он выглядит спортивно-рокерски (сексуальная щетина, шелковистая светлая грива, кожа и религиозные цацки), но струны - это больше чем стиль, это его главное средство самовыражения. «Поскольку я совсем не умею петь, (скрипка) это нечто дающее мне голос. На скрипке можно найти очень личное, особенное звучание».
«Я не считаю это работой. Я считаю это преимуществом – зарабатывать любимым делом»

+4

"Показания" очевидца)))...

http://earljwoods.blogspot.com/2012/01/david-garrett-rock-symphony.html

+1

Lily Quelquechose  пишет:

Hello everyone :)

Sorry for not posting earlier, I'm so jetlagged. I was in France, then 2 days in Toronto, then to Edmonton.

Anyhoo, I have never written a concert review (in English), so please be kind with my crappy comments ;)

First of all the concert was astounding. As Birgit said, I purchased a VIP ticket. I was front row, just in the center, so right in front on David Garrett and perfect view to see the whole band! Before the concert, there was a pre-reception with a buffet. David Garrett was apparently supposed to come in at that time, according to the staff, but you could hear him rehearse on the way to the reception hall in the backstage. So I was not surprised to not see him during the pre-reception. I got to meet lovely people, and talk to an aspiring 10-year-old violonist :)

After a while, we were invited to take our seats before the concert begins. Beside me were 5 free seats. Some were also available in row B and so on. They were not many VIP tickets. You will understand why I mention it afterwards. I wasn't so disturbed by the camera (except at the beginning when it did a close-up on me for a few minutes), as I had a perfect view and perfect acoustic :) It's definitely an amazing experience to listen to the band and David play live with an orchestra!
Of course, the band began with "Kashmir". He came walking through the crowd to the stage. I don't have the whole set-list in the right order but it included:Smell Like Teen Spirit, Air, Beethoven's 5th, Czardas, Zorba's Dance, Walk this Way, November Rain, Asturias, Rock Symphony, 80's Anthem, He's a Pirate, Live and Let Die, Smooth Criminal and finished on Rockin' All Over the World :) Franck, Marcus and David imitated Status Quo playing and were obviously enjoying playing this track. As mentioned in the previous review, they concluded the whole evening with an encore, playing Hey Jude. It was just a blast and everyone enjoyed the concert.
David Garrett shared with us some comments and reflexions on living in hotels :) I won't say more, but quite a bit of the c
omments were the ones he said on the Berlin's DVD concert (but this time in English, which was kinda weird, I'm so used to listen to him speaking German). My favorite track of the whole concert was the band and the orchestra performing Le Boléro de Ravel :) But, hey, that's my personal favorite :) I enjoyed the rest as much. I wish there had been more classical, even though I love his cross-over arrangements, but I guess people on the forum will understand ;)

Now, here is what I didn't like. It has nothing to do with the band or David Garrett, I want to make that clear.
Basically, I paid more for nothing. During the intermission, people who paid for general admission went to take the free seats in the front rows. There were two kids, I don't mind them at all, I totally understand, and I actually showed the parents where they could sit for the rest of the show. What bugged me even more was the post-reception. It was not VIP-only. There was a huge crowd, and I would say that at least 50% of the person were not VIP. Anyone could go. There was another buffet with macarons, chocolate strawberries, etc..
There were a few kids but I would say that the average age was between 40-60. When Jeff, John, Jeff, Franck and Marcus showed up, a few people came to talk to them, who knew them obviously and it was nearly impossible to talk to them. I hate to be rude and interrupt people, but the girl I was with wanted to say hi to them, so I had to go with her and ask as politely as possible, if they would sign an autograph for her.
When David Garrett showed up, it was crazy. It was like a concert of Tokyo Hotel with 13-year-old teenage girls. I just don't get it. You would think that adults would know how to behave. He obviously wanted to get something to eat, but people kept rushing at him, taking pictures with flash (because he hadn't enough of lights in his face during the 2-hour concert), being really rude and not even here to talk to him. It was just about managing to stand beside him and get a picture. No word. Or maybe a "the concert was great" and that was it. They didn't even ask politely. Adults didn't even let children go to him, no kidding. They were pushing them out. There was a boy who wanted his violin to be autographed, I don't even know if he managed to get it. The little girl whom I had met earlier came back with bruises! Of course, he didn't stay very long, and had I been him, I wouldn't even have stayed as long as he did. I didn't want a picture or an autograph, because I truly don't care about those (I don't like to have my picture taken, and you can buy an autograph on ebay), I was more interested in getting to talk to him, even for a few minutes, but as you can imagine, it was impossible.
So I was really disappointed to pay for something that I didn't get at all, as anyone could sit where they wished, no one checked, and everyone was free to attend the post-reception with the Meet&Greet. I'm definitely writing to the Winspear Center about this issue, because I don't see why I should pay $400 if for less than half the price I can get the same thing.

Though, it didn't undermine my whole experience :) I was here for the concert, and it was truly one of the greatest I have ever attended.
I wish I could go back in time and attend it once again! Thank you to the band and David Garrett for this concert and sharing their passion for music with us :)

http://davidgarrett.forums.umusic.co.uk/t/3503.aspx?PageIndex=1

"Вести с полей" от Франка

Rehearsing with the Edmonton orchestra. All is going very well so far. We are so lucky with the weather, it's somewhere around -5 with a beautiful sun. Way better than the -30 they predicted.....

...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Hope we can get out tonight to a dark spot. We might see the Northern light because there was a solar storm yesterday and we're here exactly at the right place to see it!

............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

We had to evacuate the hotel yesterday evening, it was no joke or drill....Nothing serious fortunately. I believe there were problems with the wiring at the vending area on the 4th floor. (Of coarse we all first thought that David and Jörg were trying to set up a barbecue in the room.....:-)

.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

While working on material for the new DG album in my hotel room I realize I also should focus on tonight. It's not so easy playing a double role as a guitarist and conductor. Will need to concentrate.

СУПЕРСКИЕ фотоки закулисья!!! (среди них и та самая - "палач" женских сердец))))...будет время- я их все сюда прямо копирну...

http://www.kodakgallery.ca/ShareLanding.action?localeid=en_CA&c=6h94btqy.bk62zc0u&y=-c7btfk&x=0

http://uploads.ru/t/g/h/1/gh1ep.jpg

на коленях перед дамой)))

http://uploads.ru/t/H/8/2/H82bC.jpg

http://uploads.ru/t/B/y/8/By8WX.jpg

+3

Здесь каждое фото-произведение искусства!!!! Девид.... [взломанный сайт]   [взломанный сайт]

Вставила пока три фотки)))....

А вот ещё!!!!! Обалдеть красота какая!!!

http://www.kodakgallery.ca/ShareLanding.action?c=6h94btqy.2hchab8e&x=0&y=1h7uau&localeid=en_CA

Ай, яй какие класные фотки)) Он против тех девочек, как великан прям)))
В шапке ваще жесть...
Лен, спс за перевод, все гуд..

Какой же он очаровательный [взломанный сайт] 
Спасибо,за такие драгоценные фотографии!

+1

меня фотка с Маркусом из выложенных больше всех радует. такие класснючие

Charmed написал(а):

Ай, яй какие класные фотки)) Он против тех девочек, как великан прям)))
В шапке ваще жесть...
Лен, спс за перевод, все гуд..

да, да ....соглашусь))))) супер фотки! [взломанный сайт]

Ой, Боже мой, просто преееелееесть! :)))
Каждое фото настолько живое и яркое, что кажется, будто сама сейчас стоишь и фотографируешь.
Спасибо огромное, Элина!

ваай
там такие малышки по сравнению  с ним))
это так мило))

чудесные фото, чудесные, аж на душе щекотно и весело))) С девочками - упИсаться, то ли это Дэвид такой здоровенный, то ли девочки такие дюймовочки...Гора и мышки)))) В три погибели сложился и все равно нависает. Чего уж там, сел бы на пол, и дело с концом)))
Инн, спасибо)) один из первых переводческих опытов (если не первый), ужасно мандражировала - куда мне, в калашный-то ряд....))

Этих фото там ещё больше, оказывается. В общей сложности - ПЯТЬ галерей...

ПЕРВАЯ - Airport Arrival

ВТОРАЯ - Rob Christie Interview

ТРЕТЬЯ - Rechearsals

ЧЕТВЁРТАЯ - The Show

ПЯТАЯ - Saying Goodbye

Elina написал(а):

ПЯТЬ галерей...

[взломанный сайт]   [взломанный сайт]   [взломанный сайт]

эх, снова надо восстановить ссылки для фоток...а пока - видео!

+1

Всплыло... в том, что фото выложила автор, я не уверена, но пока так)). Тем более, что все галереи в этой теме уже недоступны((

http://s6.uploads.ru/t/pHFeb.jpg
arrival Edmonton Jan 2012
прибытие Эдмонтон Январь 2012

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid … amp;type=3

http://s2.uploads.ru/t/lZ8NB.jpg
David Tam....son at 10nyrs old plays violin.....and plays David Garrett ' s music....
David Tam....сын в 10 лет играет на скрипке...и играет музыку Дэвида....

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid … amp;type=3

+3

Вы здесь » DAVID GARRETT RUSSIAN FORUM » Crossover » 25.01.2012 Edmonton